A brief history
Stockton United Reformed Church was formed on 20th September 1987 when three United Reformed Fellowships in central Stockton were joined as one. These were Queens Park URC, St Andrew and St George URC and Yarm Road Memorial URC.
At present, we own and use St Andrew and St George for worship.
Our minister is Rev Sue Fender who also looks after St Columba's in Billingham, St George's in Hartlepool and St Andrew's Mission in Thornaby.
St Andrew and St George URC
Stockton on Tees
Parking is available at the Lawson Street Medical Centre on Sundays and evenings.
Everyone is welcome to our services.
The United Reformed Church
Who is the United Reformed Church? We are a family of Christians, worshipping in the name of Jesus in about 1500 local churches from Orkney to Cornwall.
- 'Reformed' means that we delight in the Bible, we do not fear change, and we try to run our churches in ways that take everyone's insight and contribution seriously.
- 'United' is an important part of our story. We started when English Presbyterians merged with English and Welsh Congregationalists in 1972. Churches of Christ joined in 1981 and Scottish Congregationalists in 2000. We still work as closely as we can with Christians of all traditions and styles.
- And we are one 'Church'. We aim to grow through supporting one another and taking decisions together.
All our tasks and posts are open to women as fully as to men. We are an intercultural church, where people with varied ethnic roots enrich each other's Christian living. Our people hold a range of opinions about theology and church life. In the words of the denominations Statement of Nature, Faith and Order (1990) together we are firmly committed to 'God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The living God, the only God, ever to be praised.'
Find out more, by exploring this website, or (even better) by coming to meet us and worshipping with us.- See more at: http://www.urc.org.uk/about-us-2.html#sthash.aoj41EVN.dpuf